Thursday, September 23, 2010

I wouldn't eat you 'cos you're too tough...

Woo! First DIY, I had fun! ... and made a mess =]

In spirit of Halloween coming up, and being raised on great music, today I give you...

PURPLE PEOPLE EATER POPS



I dont know about any of you guys but I LOVED this song around this time of year when I was a kid. quite possibly why my favorite color is purple, who know?!
But anyway on with the cute delicious candy.

What you will need:
-Cake mix (your favorite flavor)
-1 can of cream cheese icing
-wax Paper
-stand (I used a Styrofoam bowl)
-microwavable bowl
-your choice of Chocolate and establishments (I used Ghiradeli white chocolate) -sticks ( I used 1/2 a chopstick because these little bad boys are heavy and sucker sticks didnt seem like a good idea)
-food coloring
--purple
--green

-mixing spoon
-tooth picks

...patience

Ok a little bit of a list but these things are so cute I swear its worth it!

First what you're going to want to do it bake your cake, I cheated and used already made cake balls from my freezer. Here are the directions for cake balls, which is the body of our little buddies.


Ingredients

  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
  • 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
  • 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating

Directions

  1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
  2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds on LOW wattage until smooth.

Now will be the time to add your food coloring, this set will be purple for the body.


Now go a head and get the cake ready by using a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using the stick for your pop to hold them. Place on waxed paper or *in stand to set.

* I recommend using a stand vs setting on wax paper if your chocolate is thick enough, then you won't get any flat sides to your body

The hardest part is OVER, see aren't they SOO worth it! they're cute already!
Now that you have the basis for the pop we need details!

Lay out your wax paper and melt down more chocolate to make the eyes, horns, and wings.
Also thinking about this afterwords, a REALLY cute horn would be a candy corn but I hate the taste of them so I'm using more chocolate, because... who doesn't love chocolate? right!?!

Dollop a bit of white chocolate in little puddles on the wax paper, this will be the whites of the eyes

as they solidify mold them with your fingers so you don't have pointy peaks in your eyes,
also on the same wax paper, make tiny horn like triangles, and your best stab at wings, mine are a cross between bat/angel/butterfly wings HA!

while you're waiting for them to become semi-solid go ahead and make a small batch of chocolate and add in green food coloring, this is for the inside of they're adorable eyes.
Dollop the green right on top of the white the same fashion and try to keep it in a circle.
While the green chocolate is still semi-not-solid add a dot of purple food coloring for the pupil.


Once all your chocolate piece are solid enough to handle pipe (use a ziplock bag) a bit of white melted chocolate on to its head and back for a spot to place its horn and wing.

I found the PERFECT resting spot to keep these in place while you wait for them to get hard enough to move is the side of a paper plate =]

TADA! Keep these little bad boys in the freezer if you don't plan to eat them right away because they will melt.. its chocolate.
I threw on a little fanged toothed grin at the end with a little left over chocolate in my piping bag

Hope you like!
Leave a comment letting me know what you think of these little guys, what your favorite craft is and share my blog with your friends and family =]

ok one last look cause they're pretty cute


*Special thanks to my Aunt Susie and my Grandma for the baking advise and the food coloring.


Oh and I promise better pictures on the next tutorial, I'm enlisting help next time! ha


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. It after a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS, BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, ISOMNIA,  THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, ETC.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete